Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Blog Power!!

This past week I happen to read an article that showed up on Ad Age Daily's email newsletter. Dunkin' Dounts Kills Rachael Ray AD. The headline caught my eye and I had to read it.
The story goes as , Dunkin' Dounts pulled the ad because conservative bloggers commented that the black and white scarf that Rachael wore looked to much like a keffiyah. The keffiyah is a traditional headdress worn by Arab men associated with jihad.
What are they thinking! Rachael Ray and jihad.
Dunkin' Dounts pulled the ad limit the possibility of confusing the message when all they are is attempting to promote their Iced Coffee line.
Beside the love I have for Rachael Ray, sorry Dunkin' Dounts I love Tim Horton's Ice Cappuccino.
I can now understand the power of the blog a Chris mentioned. Designers need to be reviewing them to stay in touch with society.

No comments: